I will be away for most of next week.
I’ll be mailing out on Monday 6th of November and very early Tuesday morning. But orders submitted Tuesday 7th – Friday 10th of November won’t ship till Monday 13th.
Use the code DELAYEDGRATIFICATION to receive free shipping on any NZ order over $25 from the 7th to the 10th of November.
There wil not be a yarn update on Friday this coming week.
Normal service will resume next week. I’m off to the North Island for a few days in the hope of walking the Tongariro Crossing (weather permitting).
Welcome to VP’s new website! It’s been a long time coming (the old site was very old), but that’s true of almost everything when you’re a small, one-woman business.
I hope you see some improvements that you can enjoy. I’d love your feedback if you do struggle with some aspect – I can’t fix what I don’t know about, and all feedback is really valuable.
Here are some new features I think you’ll like:
- More ways to pay. If you prefer not to use PayPal, we can process your credit card via a NZ based service now.
- Better wishlists – you can now make lots of different wishlists. Make a wishlists public or share one by email or keep it entirely private to you. Wishlists are a great way to inform family and friends about what you’d like for your next birthday or for Christmas.
- Online Gift Certificate purchases. This is now automatic (no more emailing me to do it manually). Order a gift certificate in the value of your choosing and it will be ready for you right away (if you pay by credit card or PayPal).
- Streamlined product listing. Hopefully it’s easier to shop now. I’ve been able to reduce the number of product listings down and provide more options within a listing. This is especially effective in the needle-stock listings. I hope you find it saves you some time.
- Filter by brand or tag. If you’re only interested in one brand of needle, or you only want to see yarns that contain silk, then use the Filter by Brand or Search by Tag options to reduce the choices you see and find just the right thing.
- A brighter and cleaner look. A spring-clean is always cathartic. The new look isn’t a radical change but it is just a little fresher.
I’ll be continuing to update and improve the website as time goes on, I do hope to make Vintage Purls NZ’s best online boutique knitting shopping experience.
I’d like to thank you all for your amazing and continued support. 2017 is Vintage Purls’ 9th year in business and I’m keenly planning for our 10th birthday already.