Maybe you’ve seen the “10 Years” stickers on orders this year?
In February I released Decennium to mark the 10th anniversary of VP being incorporated as a company. Today’s birthday milestone is a little more exciting for me, today is what I consider the true anniversary of the birth of Vintage Purls, the business.
Back in 2008, incorporation was the official beginning of Vintage Purls as a retailing company but it wasn’t the start of trading for me. It took some time to get all my ducks in a row and to develop stock and a shop online. April 10 was the day I launched Vintage Purls more or less as we know it today:
That day was the “big leap”, the public commitment. It was exciting and scary and it’s astonishing to me that I’ve been doing this for ten years now.
I would not, of course, have been doing this for ten years without amazing support from the NZ knit community. I think it’s only fair that we have some presents to mark this milestone. Not presents for me, presents for you!
Every purchase here online between today and May 10th puts you in the draw to win $200 shop credit! That’s right, if you win you can spend $200 via the VP site on almost anything you like*.
Additionally I’ll have prize giveaways every week for the rest of this month too. Be sure to follow VP on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, to see how you can win. And if you sign up to the VP email list you’ll get be in for a chance to win other prizes, just by being on the list.
Aren’t Birthday’s fun? 😁
*Anything in stock, so the credit can’t be used on Majacraft products.
Today is an important day for me:
To celebrate, I have finally released the Fair Isle hat pattern I’ve personally been making for a year. Introducing Decennium:
For the next ten days, you can buy a copy for just 10 cents!
The online shop for Vintage Purls didn’t go live till early April 2008, so maybe there will be another little celebration then. 🙂
New Zealand Post has decided to extend its rural surcharge for shipping from the 1st of February. Consequently the costs of shipping to rural addresses are about to increase significantly. For a decade I have treated rural addresses the same as any other in NZ but sadly this isn’t a viable option any more and so from February 1st, rural orders will incur a surcharge to cover the additional cost. The extra costs will be visible at checkout once your address is entered, you will be fully informed of the cost before you commit to your purchase.
I would encourage those of you who reside in rural areas to consider having your orders shipped to a non-rural address if at all possible. Perhaps you have a work address, or a relative or friend whom you visit often that could act as a receiver for you.
I will be away for most of next week.
I’ll be mailing out on Monday 6th of November and very early Tuesday morning. But orders submitted Tuesday 7th – Friday 10th of November won’t ship till Monday 13th.
Use the code DELAYEDGRATIFICATION to receive free shipping on any NZ order over $25 from the 7th to the 10th of November.
There wil not be a yarn update on Friday this coming week.
Normal service will resume next week. I’m off to the North Island for a few days in the hope of walking the Tongariro Crossing (weather permitting).
Welcome to VP’s new website! It’s been a long time coming (the old site was very old), but that’s true of almost everything when you’re a small, one-woman business.
I hope you see some improvements that you can enjoy. I’d love your feedback if you do struggle with some aspect – I can’t fix what I don’t know about, and all feedback is really valuable.
Here are some new features I think you’ll like:
- More ways to pay. If you prefer not to use PayPal, we can process your credit card via a NZ based service now.
- Better wishlists – you can now make lots of different wishlists. Make a wishlists public or share one by email or keep it entirely private to you. Wishlists are a great way to inform family and friends about what you’d like for your next birthday or for Christmas.
- Online Gift Certificate purchases. This is now automatic (no more emailing me to do it manually). Order a gift certificate in the value of your choosing and it will be ready for you right away (if you pay by credit card or PayPal).
- Streamlined product listing. Hopefully it’s easier to shop now. I’ve been able to reduce the number of product listings down and provide more options within a listing. This is especially effective in the needle-stock listings. I hope you find it saves you some time.
- Filter by brand or tag. If you’re only interested in one brand of needle, or you only want to see yarns that contain silk, then use the Filter by Brand or Search by Tag options to reduce the choices you see and find just the right thing.
- A brighter and cleaner look. A spring-clean is always cathartic. The new look isn’t a radical change but it is just a little fresher.
I’ll be continuing to update and improve the website as time goes on, I do hope to make Vintage Purls NZ’s best online boutique knitting shopping experience.
I’d like to thank you all for your amazing and continued support. 2017 is Vintage Purls’ 9th year in business and I’m keenly planning for our 10th birthday already.