New Zealand is now at COVID-19 Alert Level 2. These are the limitations to business I will be operating under during this time:
- Continue to expect delivery times to be slower, couriers are doing far more work than usual.
- I will now resume sending parcels overseas but will only be sending on one day a week. Please expect longer times to delivery as a result.
- I now offer a couple of options for PO Box and rural deliveries. The cheapest options will not ship immediately, like international parcels they’ll only be sent once a week. The more expensive option utilises a courier and will see your parcel dispatched as soon as possible.
- Local (Dunedin) contactless pickup continues.
- Visits to Vintage Purls are still not possible.
I will still have difficulty replenishing some stock:
- KnitPro is the worst affected. I won’t be able to get new stock till at least July.
- ChiaoGoo stock is okay at present and I’m making regular orders.
- Many of my notions are imported from America, which obviously is significantly affected by COVID-19 at this time. Supply is still possible at this stage and has been not hugely delayed recently.
- Schoppel-Wolle is something I import from Germany. They don’t have a lot in stock at present and the manufacturing dates are some months out so I don’t expect good supply for a while yet.
- Vintage Purls Yarn is manufactured in NZ, there should be no significant shortages in the short term but, as usual, I can’t always keep up with demand in terms of dyeing. I have more Sock base coming in August, I might run out before then depending on demand.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. xx Morag