The perfect kit to begin your dyeing journey.
The kit contains:
• 1 x Ashford wool dye in Hot Pink 10gm
• 1 x Ashford Wool Dye in Yellow 10gm
• 1 x Ashford Wool Dye in Black 10gm
• 1 x Ashford Wool Dye in Blue 10gm
• 2 x 100gm skeins of yarn – 75% Wool 25% Nylon, 4 ply fingering weight, 100gm net at standard condition / 400m (437yds), Machine washable, Tension 10cm (4”) square =26–28 sts x 36 rows 2.75 – 3.25mm (2 – 3 US)
• Instructions – including colour theory and colour recipes
• Colour wheel
When made up, the dyes will be enough to dye 4kg of yarn or fibre.
Be aware that these dyes are non-toxic but are NOT food safe, they should be used with appropriate safety gear (mask and gloves) and any containers and implements used with them should not be used for food.
Ashford wool dyes are perfect for dyeing all protein fibres, yarns and even fabrics – as long as it is a protein fibre our dyes will dye it! You can use on Wool, Silk, Cashmere, Mohair, Angora, Llama, Alpaca, Vicuna, Feathers and any other protein fibre you can think of. The only mordant required is white vinegar. You can use the microwave method, stove top, slow cooker or steam methods for Ashford dyes.